Thursday, August 27, 2009

High Point and Antique Finds

Sat, Aug 29th I went to London for an oil change, had a chili dog at Weaver Hot Dogs (a local eatery for over 30 years), and visited a antique shop and a flea market. Scavenger Hunt, in London, I visited previously with Eric and Sarah and today purchased the postcard holder pictured below. At the flea market I found a blue casserole dish with a daisy flower and leaves etched in it for $2 - great find. Then I traveled south to Corbin to another shop where I looked through a few postcards and found a few to add to my collection. Found a neat shop in downtown Corbin with antiques, jewelry and some new items - purchased a new apron and a Christmas gift. Next week is the moonbow at Cumberland Gap Falls and this store and some others are having sales and staying open late. Had dinner at The Depot on Main Street, ate here with E & S in Nov-07 - their are a lot of chain restaurants here but managed to find to local places today!Took these two pictures from the high point on Route 66 from Pineville to Beverly. I was talking to Mom & Dad and they said is was dark in NY but in KY it was just dusk. The setting sun could not be seen from the high point but the moon was out.





3 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful and sounds like you are having a great time in your new home turf - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I love the postcard holder!! Tell me about the Moonbow...it's not there every night? Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous you went antiquing...I just love doing that........please share any moonbow pics...the ones you showed me last year were amazing as I had never heard of them before. Thanks for the chat last night....Take care from you NY friend Janet XXOO

    ReplyDelete