Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cousin visit

Thursday, March 4th I met Frank and Mabel Brucknack and their daughter Kathy Morgan-Thompson in Pineville and we had a wonderful lunch at Pine Mountain State Park. The Mountain View Restaurant has beautiful views of the mountain tops.
There are bird feeders next to the windows with trees & bushes close by for the birds to perch in. We thought this one might be a purple finch or a redpoll.

Kathy got a lot of nice pictures of the all the birds, they came up close to the windows and filled the branches.


After lunch we all enjoyed a tour of Red Bird Mission given by Tim Crawford that I work with. I had not been on an official tour so even I learned some new things about RBM. We enjoyed a relaxing evening together visiting. Fri Kathy, Mabel and I took a trip to the craft store and then drove up to the Beverly Church, Senior Center, and site of the original campus. It was so good to have family visit and share meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment